Oxford Industries, Inc. supports numerous charitable organizations through its administration of the Oxford Foundation:
The Oxford Foundation
OXFORD INDUSTRIES FOUNDATION, INC.
999 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30309
CONTACT PERSON: Ginger Moff
PROFILE/PRIORITIES: Oxford Industries Foundation, Inc., established in 1974, is supported and administered entirely by Oxford Industries, Inc., a international apparel design, sourcing and marketing company featuring a diverse portfolio of owned lifestyle brands.
The Foundation's primary focus is human and community services and education. To a lesser extent the Foundation supports public affairs, arts and humanities and health care. Within this framework the Foundation makes its grants according to the following criteria:
- The Foundation supports charitable organizations and endeavors which have widespread support with the apparel and related industries or which are supported by a large cross section of employers in the communities in which Oxford Industries, Inc. employees live and work.
- The Foundation supports institutions of higher education by matching the contributions of Oxford Industries, Inc. employees to the general funds of the college or university from which the employee graduated.
- The Foundation supports the United Way in the communities in which Oxford Industries, Inc. employees live and work.
- The Foundation supports charitable organizations and endeavors which are or have been important to retiring or deceased Oxford Industries, Inc. employees.
- The Foundation supports charitable organizations and endeavors which are important to an Oxford Industries, Inc. employee as demonstrated by the employee's commitment of substantial volunteer time to the organization or endeavor.
|Activities:||Capital campaigns, Operating funds, General support, Special projects, Matching gifts.
|Organizations:||Must be tax-exempt under I.R.C. Section 501(c) (3).
|Restrictions:||The Foundation has geographical limitations. The organization requesting funds must be located in a city where Oxford Industries, Inc. has a facility. Atlanta, Lyons, Toccoa, Vidalia, GA, Pasadena, CA, New York, NY, Seattle, WA.
The Foundation is not disposed to supporting individuals, "goodwill" or journal advertisements, political campaigns, conferences and surveys, or organizations designed primarily for lobbying. The Foundation does not make more than one grant per fiscal year to any one organization.
|Procedures:||Proposals are reviewed once a year during the November meeting. Agencies are investigated, budgetary requirements evaluated, and recommendations are made to the Foundation Board at this time.|
The mission of Oxford Industries Foundation, Inc. is to enhance the quality of life in the business community through its support of human services, cultural, educational and health-related organizations. The Foundation recognizes that the well-being and prosperity of the business environment is bound together with the well-being and prosperity of the community as a whole. Therefore, the Foundation directs its contributions toward advancing the public welfare, helping ensure a sound social structure and supporting employee participation in the giving process. The Foundation does not view its philanthropy as charity but rather as an investment in a better society.